Important Dates

  • March 1: Farm returns due
  • March 15: Partnership and S Corporation returns due
  • April 18: Individual returns due
  • August 15: Property tax refund returns due (refunds are usually issued around the beginning of October)
  • September 15: Extension due date for partnership and S corporation returns
  • October 17: Extension due date for individual returns
    **an extension is not an extension to make tax payments. If you need help estimating an estimated tax payment, please contact us.
  • Estimated Payment Due Dates:
    • April 15th, June 15th, Sept 15th, Jan 15th of following year
  • Payroll Return Due Dates:
    • Quarterly 941: April 30th, July 31st, Oct 31st, Jan 31st of following year
      o Annual 943: Jan 31st of following year
  • W-2s Due Date: January 31 of the following year
  • 1099s Due Date: January 31 of the following year

Common Questions

Where can I track my tax refund?

  • Federal and state refunds are usually received in 2-3 weeks after the returns are efiled.
  • Property tax refunds are usually received around the beginning of Oct.
  • There are “Where’s my refund” links on both IRS and MN Department of Revenue websites.

How long should I keep these tax records?

We recommend keeping your tax return copies and all the supporting documents for at least 7 years in case you are called upon to prove your income or deductions by a taxing agency.

What do I need to keep in order to do my taxes?

Keep detailed records of your income, expenses, mileage, and other information you report on your tax return. Here is a general list:

  • Copies of your previous years return, if not prepared by this office
  • All W-2 forms
    All 1099 (interest, dividends, pensions, etc.)
  • All Schedule K-1s
  • 1098 Mortgage statement forms and property tax statements
  • Brokerage statements from stock, bond, or other investment transactions.
  • Closing statements pertaining to real estate transactions.
  • 1099-PATR forms
  • All other supporting documents to verify expenses.
  • Any tax notices received from the IRS or other taxing authorities.

What other types of tax records should I keep?

You need to keep some other types of tax records and receipts because they tell you how much you paid for something that you may sell later. Keep the following types of records:

  • Records of capital assets, such as coin and antique collections, jewelry, stocks, and bonds.
  • Records regarding the purchase and improvements to your home.
  • Records regarding the purchase, maintenance, and improvements to your rental or investment property.

Questions, We Would Love To Help!

Call and set up an appointment today.